Central responsibilities include:
- Conducting and leading original research and analysis on topics or questions relevant to the bank
- Publishing research results, including publication in peer-refereed academic journals
- Promoting cooperation with external researchers, economists and academics, including attending academic conferences
- Actively participating in the work of research networks and working groups within the European System of Central Banks
Qualified candidates will have:
- An existing or forthcoming PhD in Economics or Finance, or a Master’s degree in Economics or Finance and at least three years of professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of economic theory and empirical practice
- Experience of modelling economic processes and conducting research projects
- Very good written and spoken command of English
A publication record in leading academic journals would be considered an advantage. We place high value on colleagues who create synergies with our staff and foster a collegial working environment.
What we offer:
In addition to unique opportunities and a position at the interface between research and economic policy, we offer attractive employment conditions and a good environment for professional development.
We are seeking candidates for a fixed-term position, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
Additional information: Tairi Rõõm (email tairi.room [at] eestipank.ee)
Candidates should email a cover letter and a CV to the email address cv [at] eestipank.ee.
The deadline for applications is 25 November 2019.