Activities of Eesti Pank are managed by the Executive Board.
The Executive Board:
- prepares and submits to the Supervisory Board documents and draft decisions for adopting decisions under the jurisdiction of the Supervisory Board and for informing the Supervisory Board;
- reports to the Suvervisory Board on Eesti Pank’s budget implementation and activities;
- informs the Supervisory Board of relevant circumstances related to the activities of Eesti Pank;
- prepares the annual accounts and management report of Eesti Pank;
- approves the statutes of the structural units of Eesti Pank;
- performs other functions that are needed to meet the objectives and implement the tasks imposed on Eesti Pank by law.
The Governor of Eesti Pank is the Chairman of the Executive Board. The Executive Board consists of the Governor and Deputy Governors. The Governor of Eesti Pank is appointed to office for a term of seven years by the President of the Republic on the proposal of the Supervisory Board of Eesti Pank. Deputy Governors of Eesti Pank are appointed by the Supervisory Board for a term of five years on the proposal of the Governor.
The Executive Board meets as necessary and in line with the Board’s work schedule, but not less frequently than once a month.