The internship programme at Eesti Pank is designed to further the cooperation between Eesti Pank and higher education institutions in Estonia and abroad in areas of mutual interest. Interns get to see how the bank operates as an organisation, its work and its activities.
The bank accepts university students in higher education as interns and offers them a three-month internship under the guidance of a supervisor.
The intern should have one of three aims during the internship:
- to write a research paper on a topic that is related to the core operations of the bank and is listed in the strategic research plan, collecting the data needed for it and examining and processing the topic, or
- to collect, process and analyse information and produce a summary or review of this where appropriate, or
- to build on and deepen the knowledge and skills learned academically through practical application at work.
Interns are paid during their internships.
In order to apply, please send by email or post:
- an application,
- your CV,
- confirmation from your institution that you are studying there and a record of the courses you have passed with the average mark.
Your application should tell us:
- Which department of Eesti Pank you would like to do the internship in;
- When the internship should start and how long it should last;
- Which of the three aims you would like to follow in your internship;
- Whether you have a specific area or topic you wish to concentrate on during the internship, giving as much detail as possible about your preferences;
- About any research papers you have already written, including term papers, or projects, working groups, etc you have participated in, with brief details;
- The contact details of a university teacher who can give you a reference.
Internships are available in 2021 in:
- Cash and Infrastructure Department
- Economics and Research Department
- Financial Department
- Financial Stability Department
- Payment and Settlement Systems Department
- Statistics Department
Deadlines for submitting applications:
- 5 April for internships in May-August
- 5 August for internships in September-December
- 5 December for internships in January-April
If the last date for submitting applications is a national holiday or a weekend, the deadline is extended to the next working day.
By post, please send your documents to:
Human Resources and Staff Development Services
Estonia pst 13
By email, please send your documents to cv [at] eestipank.ee.
Please note: We will contact candidates who are chosen during the month after the deadline.
Advice for internship candidates:
- Choose a specific topic, and one that you are yourself interested in.
- Find out in advance what the bank is looking for in an intern and make your expectations clear.
- When deciding how long your internship should be, remember that one month is too short, because it also takes time to adjust to being at the bank.
- Take responsibility and take an active role in communicating.
- Be aware that for the most part you will be working independently.
- Before your internship, find out about the work and the activities of the bank.
- If you are not chosen the first time you apply, don’t be discouraged, but try again.