The silver collector coin is SOLD OUT (added 10.01)
- Three thousand of the coins will be minted
- Each coin will cost 40 euros and have a nominal value of 15 euros
- Sales of the coin will start on 10 January at 12.00 in the Eesti Pank Museum shop and in the Omniva... more
- The majority of the population most commonly pay for their everyday purchases with a bankcard or in cash
- At 92%, the great majority of people get their incomes paid to a bank account, but there are still 5% who get their incomes in cash
- Almost one third, or 32%, of... more
A two-euro commemorative coin and a postage stamp dedicated to the centenary of the first Estonian language university were presented today in the museum of the University of Tartu.
The University of Tartu was opened as an Estonian language university in the early days of the Republic of... more
- One million of the coins will be minted
- There will be 7500 coin cards, which will sell for 10 euros
- Sales of the coin will start on 19 November at 12.00 in the Eesti Pank Museum shop and in the Omniva online shop.
- The coins and coin cards together with stamps... more
The exhibition opening at 12.00 on Friday 1 November in the Eesti Pank museum at Estonia pst 11 under the title of Thematic Collections displays the coin collections of collector Kaimar Ilves. The heaviest exhibit is a one-kilogram silver medal from Finland.
The final exhibition in the... more
Eesti Pank ordered 10 million one cent coins from the Slovakian mint to cover the needs of merchants for low value euro coins to give as change in the years ahead. As five-cent coins and larger ones circulate freely, there are sufficient of them in circulation and the central bank does not need... more
In Estonia, 117 counterfeit euro banknotes were removed from circulation during the first half of 2019. The average figure for the same period for the past five years is 431. The average figure is considerably affected by an incident last year involving the sale of a car in Italy where the... more
The Eesti Pank Supervisory Board approved the design for the two-euro commemorative coin dedicated to the centenary of Estonia’s National University by the artist Indrek Ilves.
The two-euro coin for the centenary of the national university will enter circulation in November 2019.... more
Eesti Pank is holding a competition to design a collector coin dedicated to the Estonian athletes at the summer Olympic Games in Tokyo. The coin will be issued in summer 2020.
Eesti Pank has a long tradition of issuing collector coins for the Olympics, going back to 1992. The central... more
The Eesti Pank Supervisory Board approved the design by Anna Roomet, Risto Tali and Rait Siska for the silver coin dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the birth of Estonian statesman and long-term President of Eesti Pank Jüri Jaakson.
The coin for Jüri Jaakson will be issued by Eesti... more