Eesti Pank is inviting submissions of designs for two two-euro commemorative coins, one dedicated to the centenary of the Tartu Peace Treaty and the other commemorating the 200th anniversary of the discovery of Antarctica. Both individuals and groups of designers are welcome to participate in... more
Eesti Pank has announced a competition to design a two-euro commemorative coin dedicated to the centenary of the University of Tartu being established as the first Estonian language university. The competition will be open to individual designers and to groups.
The University of Tallinn... more
- The winner of the competition, Grete-Lisette Gulbis, got some 2900 votes from the public
- Over 8300 people voted during the three weeks
- Eesti Pank will now work to convert the winning design into a form that meets the technical requirements for minting
- The two-... more
There have so far been 5955 votes cast in the public vote to choose a design for the two-euro commemorative coin dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the Song Celebration. The coin is particularly special because its design will be chosen from among drawings submitted by children, of which 8000... more
Eesti Pank opened its doors on 19 February for four hours to present the two-euro circulating coin with a special design dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia in the bank’s Independence Hall. A total of 750 people visited the central bank.
The presentation of the... more
- Eesti Pank is issuing a two-euro coin with a special design on 19 February to celebrate the anniversary of the Republic of Estonia
- The central bank will present the new two-euro coin on the same day in the Independence Hall. The presentation starts at 13.00 and is open to everyone... more
- Voters will be able to choose between eight drawings until midnight on 4 March
- The drawing competition was exceptionally popular and some 8000 drawings were sent in by children
- The most active youth leader was a teacher from Koeru school who helped to submit 600 entries... more
- The two-euro coin with a special design can be used for payment across the whole euro area and will enter circulation on 31 January
- 500,000 of the coins will be minted for Estonia
- There will be 10,000 coin cards issued, which will sell for 10 euros each
- The... more
From 2 January Eesti Pank coins and collectibles will be available in the updated Omniva online shop. Items can now be ordered for delivery to parcel machines throughout the Baltic region or by courier. An insurance charge will be added to orders of coins.
From 2 January 2018 Omniva is... more
Eesti Pank is issuing four coins for the centenary of the Republic of Estonia in 2018, with a silver collector coin and a gold one, a two-euro coin with a special design for the anniversary of the Republic of Estonia, and a two-euro coin with a special design for the centenaries of the Baltic... more