Eesti Pank has announced a competition to design a collector coin dedicated to the 200th anniversary of the birth of Johann Voldemar Jannsen, which will be open to individual designers or to groups.
At the suggestion of the advisory committee at Eesti Pank, the central bank will be... more
The panel convened by Eesti Pank chose the design by Sebastian Mikolajczak as the winner of the competition to design a silver collector coin dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the birth of Jaan Tõnisson.
The silver collector coin shows a portrait of the Estonian statesman, politician... more
- The winner of the competition, Grete-Lisette Gulbis, got some 2900 votes from the public
- Over 8300 people voted during the three weeks
- Eesti Pank will now work to convert the winning design into a form that meets the technical requirements for minting
- The two-... more
There have so far been 5955 votes cast in the public vote to choose a design for the two-euro commemorative coin dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the Song Celebration. The coin is particularly special because its design will be chosen from among drawings submitted by children, of which 8000... more
- Voters will be able to choose between eight drawings until midnight on 4 March
- The drawing competition was exceptionally popular and some 8000 drawings were sent in by children
- The most active youth leader was a teacher from Koeru school who helped to submit 600 entries... more
- The 150th anniversary of the song celebration falls in 2019, and the central bank is issuing a specially designed two-euro coin to commemorate this
- The design for the coin will be chosen in a drawing competition for children
- The competition will run from 23 September to... more
- The coin design of the Baltic sisters with plaited hair by the Lithuanian designer Justas Petrulis received the most votes, with 4 277
- In total, 14 302 people from all over Europe and from almost every continent took part in the online vote
- The two-euro coin with the... more
- The winning design for the two-euro commemorative coin dedicated to the events that preceded Estonia’s independence was created by Jaan Meristo
- The winning design for the collector coin dedicated to the Estonian athletes and delegation attending the Winter Olympic Games in... more
Eesti Pank is announcing a competition to design a two-euro commemorative coin “Estonia’s road to independence” dedicated to the events that preceded Estonia’s independence. The coin will mark the approaching 100th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia and will enter into circulation at the... more
Eesti Pank has announced the competition for the research prize for economic research by young researchers, which is dedicated to the memory of Urmas Sepp and open to young people who have completed their master’s or doctoral studies.
In 2016 Eesti Pank will grant the award in two... more