The flash estimate1 put the Estonian current account at 98 million euros in surplus in August 2016. The surplus on the goods and services account was 139 million euros, which was 36 million euros more than at the same time a year earlier. The growth of 12% in goods exports was faster than the 9... more
- Estonia’s foreign direct investment position* at the end of 2015 put it behind only Hungary in volume among the newer European members from Central and Eastern Europe
- The Estonian current account in 2015 posted its largest surplus since independence was regained
- Both... more
There were 3% fewer visits to Estonia by non-residents in the first quarter of 2016 than in the first quarter of 2015. The number of overnight visits and the length of such stays remained the same, but the number of same-day visits was down 5%.
Residents of the European Union visited... more
Governor of Eesti Pank Ardo Hansson emphasised in his opening speech at an international conference on statistics today the importance of reliable and internationally comparable figures for making economic and monetary policy.
Ardo Hansson spoke of the importance of statistics... more
On Monday 25 April, experts on statistics from Estonia and neighbouring countries will speak at an international conference in the Estonia opera hall about the role of statistics in a modern information society, the expectations and needs of users of statistics today, potential developments for... more
- The primary residence in the most valuable asset of Estonian households as its value accounts for roughly half of that of all assets
- One fifth of the real assets of households are the assets of businesses that they own and that they work for
- The largest part of the... more
In 2015 Estonia was again a net lender to other countries. Net external funding was made up of the investments of pension funds in securities and the claims of the general government against the European Union. Pension funds invested 224 million euros in foreign securities, while the foreign... more
- The number of foreign visitors was the same in 2015 as it was in 2014, as 6.2 million trips were made to Estonia and around 1.3 billion euros were spent here
- Estonian residents made some 4 million trips to... more
The flash estimate1 put the Estonian current account at 42 million euros in surplus in November 2015. The deficit on the goods account was larger than that in November 2014, and the surplus on the services account was smaller. Exports of goods and services contracted over the year, but imports... more