Eesti Pank produces statistics on foreign travel because one task of the central bank is to compile the balance of payments for Estonia, which includes exports and imports of travel services. Eesti Pank will publish the balance of payments for the second quarter on 8 September.
Eesti Pank produces statistics on foreign travel because one task of the central bank is to compile the balance of payments for Estonia, which includes exports and imports of travel services. Eesti Pank will publish the balance of payments for the full year 2019 on 10 March 2020.
- Tourists visiting Estonia spent an estimated 440 million euros
- The share of Finnish tourists was the smallest of the past decade
- The number of tourists visiting from Asia has stopped rising
- Visitors from Estonia to foreign countries spent an estimated 290... more
- Trips abroad by residents of Estonia lasted longer in the second quarter of 2018 than a year earlier
- Residents of Estonia spent 10 million euros more on their travels than in the second quarter of 2017
- Foreign tourists spent 5 million euros more in Estonia than a year... more
A little over one million foreign tourists came to Estonia in the first quarter of 2018, which was the same as in the first quarter of 2017. The number of tourists arriving from Finland was 8% lower than a year previously,... more
- Residents of Estonia travelling abroad spent an estimated 800 million euros there in 2017, which is 50 million euros more than a year earlier
- More and more trips are being made from Estonia to traditional holiday destinations
- Foreign tourists spent an... more
Foreign visitors made 6 million visits to Estonia in 2016, which is about 4% more than in 2015. Foreign visitors consumed more than 1.3 billion euros of goods and services in Estonia in 2016, which was 2% more than in 2015... more
Over 1.6 million foreign tourists visited Estonia in the second quarter of 2016, which is 4% more than at the same time a year earlier. Although the amount of tourists from Finland, whose visits make up a third of all visits, decreased by 1% compared to last year, the number of visits made by... more
There were 3% fewer visits to Estonia by non-residents in the first quarter of 2016 than in the first quarter of 2015. The number of overnight visits and the length of such stays remained the same, but the number of same-day visits was down 5%.
Residents of the European Union visited... more
- The number of foreign visitors was the same in 2015 as it was in 2014, as 6.2 million trips were made to Estonia and around 1.3 billion euros were spent here
- Estonian residents made some 4 million trips to... more