Development of employees
Eesti Pank values skills. We strive first of all to employ people who are very well trained in their field and have a broad range of interest, but we also work constantly to support our staff in their professional and personal development.
The skills, knowledge and experience of our people are a key factor in our success. For this reason we invest constantly in education and training, trying to find a balance between the needs and interests of the organisation and the individual employee.
Being part of the European System of Central Banks gives us the unique opportunity to work together with colleagues from other European central banks. Close international cooperation encourages development through our everyday work as well and opens the door to participation in training courses offered by the European Central Bank, other central banks, and other partners such as the IMF Institute, the Joint Vienna Institute, and the US Federal Reserve.
The many ways that people at Eesti Pank can develop their knowledge and skills include:
- help and support from knowledgeable colleagues
- short-term study visits and project work at the European Central Bank or at national central banks of the Eurosystem
- training courses at other national central banks and the European Central Bank
- participation in the working groups of the Eurosystem
- courses with the best trainers in their field to support a single management and organisational culture
- the option for employees to choose training from outside the bank that best meets their needs and interests
- interesting lectures given to our own staff and to people from outside
- career and development advice for staff and a mentoring programme for managers
- a large specialist library focused on economics