Phone: +(00) 372 668 0645
E-mail: Juan.Carlos.Cuestas [at] eestipank.ee
- International finance
- European integration
- Sovereign debt
- Applied macroeconomics
- Time series econometrics
- 2006 – Ph.D. Industrial and International Economics, Jaume I University, Spain
- 2006 – MSc, Economics and Econometrics, University of Nottingham, the United Kingdom
- 2000 – BSc, Business Administration, University of Valencia, Spain
- 2016 – current: Senior Economist, Research Division, Economics and Research Department, Bank of Estonia, Estonia
- 2016 – current: Visiting academic, Department of Economics, University of Sheffield, the United Kingdom
- 2015 – current: Adjunct visiting professor, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
- 2015 – current: External Research Fellow, Instituto de Economia International, Jaume I University, Spain
- 2015 – current: Research Fellow, Central European Labour Studies Institute, Slovak Republic
- 2012 – 2016: Senior Lecturer in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Sheffield, the United Kingdom
- 2010 – 2012: Lecturer in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Sheffield, the United Kingdom
- 2007 – 2010: Lecturer in Econometrics, Economics Division, Nottingham Trent University, the United Kingdom
- Convergence in Corporate Statutory Tax Rates in the Asian and Pacific Economies, 2016, authors Yang Chen, Juan Carlos Cuestas and Paulo Regis. International Journal of Finance and Economics, forthcoming.
- Do institutions alleviate poverty? New Empirical Evidence, 2016, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas and Maurizio Intartaglia Economics Bulletin, Vol. 36, pp. 145–154.
- Testing for long memory in the presence of non-linear deterministic trends with Chebishev polynomials, 2016, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas and Luis A. Gil-Alana. Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics, Vol. 23, pp. 445–468.
- Inflation convergence in Central and Eastern Europe vs the Eurozone: non-linearities and long memory, 2016, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Luis A. Gil-Alana and Karl Taylor. Scottish Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming.
- Corporate tax in Europe: Towards convergence?, 2015, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Paulo Regis and Yang Chen. Economics Letters, Vol. 134, pp. 9–12.
- Unemployment convergence in Central and Eastern European countries: driving forces and cluster behavior, 2015, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Mercedes Monfort and Javier Ordóñez. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Vol. 51, pp. 253–279.
- Do foreign exchange forecasters believe in UIP?, 2015, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Fabio Filipozzi and Karsten Staehr. Economics Letters, Vol. 133, pp. 92–95.
- The sustainability of European external debt: What have we learned?, 2015, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Luis A. Gil-Alana and Paulo J. Regis. Review of International Economics, Vol 23, pp. 445–468.
- Government debt dynamics and the global financial crisis: Has anything changed in the EA12?, 2014, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Luis A. Gil-Alana and Karsten Staehr. Economics Letters, Vol. 124, pp. 64–66.
- Smooth transitions, symmetric adjustment and unit roots, 2014, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas and Javier Ordóñez. Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 21, pp. 969–972.
- Real convergence in Europe: A cluster analysis, 2013, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Mercedes Monfort and Javier Ordóñez. Economic Modelling, Vol. 33, pp. 689–694.
- The current account sustainability of European transition economies, 2013, author Juan Carlos Cuestas. Journal of Common Market Studies, Vol. 51, pp. 232–245.
- Fiscal shocks and budget balance persistence in the EU countries from central and eastern Europe, 2013, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas and Karsten Staehr. Applied Economics, Vol. 45, pp. 3211–3219.
- A further investigation of the unemployment persistence in European transition economies, 2011, authors Juan Carlos Cuestas, Luis A. Gil-Alana and Karsten Staehr. Journal of Comparative Economics, Vol. 39, pp. 514–532.
- Journal of International Money and Finance
- Journal of International Financial Markets Institutions and Money
- Empirical Economics
- Emerging Markets Finance and Trade
- Economic Issues
- Economic Modelling
- Applied Economics
- Physica A
- Journal of Macroeconomics
- Bulletin of Economic Research
- Theoretical and Applied Climatology