Eesti Pank will present the gold and silver coins dedicated to the centenary of the Republic of Estonia in Narva on 21 February (SOLD OUT)
The gold collector coin, silver collector coin and coin set are SOLD OUT (added 23.02)
- Eesti Pank will issue a silver collector coin and a gold one for the 100th anniversary of the Republic of Estonia
- The gold coin will cost 300 euros and 3000 will be minted
- The silver coin will cost 40 euros and 7000 will be minted
- The collector coins can only be bought in Narva College on the day of the presentation, and will go on sale at 15.30
- The coins will go on sale in the Eesti Pank museum, the Omniva online shop and selected post offices across Estonia on 22 February
Eesti Pank is presenting the silver and gold collector coins for the 100th anniversary of the establishment of the Republic of Estonia in Narva College on Wednesday 21 February. After the presentation the collector coins will go on sale in the same location. The coins will go on sale in the Eesti Pank museum, the Omniva online shop and selected post offices across Estonia on 22 February.
“As a central bank we are making an important contribution to the celebration of the anniversary of the Republic of Estonia by issuing two collector coins. These coins of precious metal will support and help transmit the message of the date that is special for all of us”, said Ardo Hansson, Governor of Eesti Pank.
The gold collector coin for the centenary of the Republic has been designed by Tiiu Pirsko and Mati Veermets. Its design features the Estonian national flower, the cornflower, and the oldest Estonian geometric design, in which the symbols represent perfect happiness, development and balance. The silver coin was designed by Margus Kadarik and Toomas Niklus and has a design featuring the outline of Estonia in blue, black and white on a globe. In the sky above is a line of poetry by Kristjan Jaak Peterson “Is not the language of this land singing in the wind, or rising to heaven, looking for eternity?”. The silver and gold collector coins were minted by the Lithuanian mint.
Sales information for the gold and silver coins
The gold coin is of proof-like quality, Au 999, measuring 22mm in diameter and weighing 5.65 grammes. The gold collector coin has a nominal value of 100 euros and 3000 will be minted. The coin will cost 300 euros and each purchaser can buy up to three coins.
The silver coin is of proof quality, Ag 925, measuring 38.61mm in diameter and weighing 28.28 grammes. The silver collector coin has a nominal value of 10 euros and 7000 will be minted. The coin will cost 40 euros and each purchaser can buy up to ten coins.
The coins can also be bought as a set for 450 euros.
Each purchaser can buy up to two gold coins, five silver coins and one coin set.
The coins and coin sets will be on sale:
- on 21 February in the cellar room of Narva College (Raekoja plats 2) from 15.30-17.00 after the coin presentation
- on 22 February from 09.00 in the Omniva online shop and selected post offices across Estonia
- on 22 February from 12.00 in the museum shop of Eesti Pank
The coins and other collector coins issued by Eesti Pank are on sale in selected post offices.
The Eesti Pank Museum at Estonia pst 11, Tallinn, is open from Tuesdays to Fridays 12.00-17.00 and on Saturdays 11.00-16.00. The Eesti Pank museum shop is open exceptionally on 24 February 11.00-15.00.
For further information:
Shop of the museum of Eesti Pank: 668 0650
Eesti Pank information line 668 0719
Public Relations Office
Tel: 668 0959, 5692 0930
Email: hanna.jyrgenson [at] eestipank.ee
Press enquiries: press [at] eestipank.ee