Two-euro coins with a commemorative design for the Erasmus+ student mobility programme enter circulation on Friday
- The coin will enter circulation in Estonia through banks and shops on 1 July
- The two-euro coin dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Erasmus+ programme is a joint commemorative coin that is issued in all the countries of the euro area
- 1,000,000 of the coins will be minted for Estonia
- There will be 12,000 two-euro coin cards, which will sell for 12 euros
- The coin and coin card will go on sale at 09.00 on 1 July in the Omniva online shop, and they will be on sale from 12 July in the Eesti Pank museum shop
On Friday, Eesti Pank will release a two-euro circulation coin that has a special design on it dedicated to the 35th anniversary of the Erasmus+ student mobility programme. Erasmus+ is a European Union programme that funds education, training, youth and sport. The programme is designed to support international studies, promote cooperation between countries, and bring different cultures together.
The coin dedicated to the Erasmus+ student mobility programme is a joint commemorative coin, which means it is issued in all the countries of the euro area. The coin was designed by Joaquin Jimenez.
A total of one million coins will be issued in Estonia, of which 12,000 are BU (brilliant uncirculated) quality and are sold on a coin card. The coin card will cost 12 euros (which includes VAT), and it was designed by Indrek Ilves. The coins were minted by the Lithuanian mint.
Sales of the coin
- Coin rolls and coin cards will be on sale in the Omniva online shop from 09.00 on 1 July, and in the Eesti Pank museum shop at Estonia pst 11 from 12 July during its hours of 12.00-17.00 on Tuesday to Friday, and 11.00-16.00 on Saturday. The coins and coin cards will not be sold by post offices.
- Up to 10 coin cards and 20 rolls of coins containing 25 coins in a roll can be bought in one purchase. If 25 coins are ordered from the online shop, they will be delivered in a roll.
- The Omniva customer service can be contacted by telephone on 661 6616 or by email at [email protected] on working days from 09.00-20.00, and at weekends and on national holidays from 09.00–15.00. The Eesti Pank museum shop can be contacted on +372 668 0650
What are commemorative coins?
Commemorative coins are two-euro coins that are released into circulation, and that have a special commemorative design on the national side in place of the usual national design to commemorate a particular significant national or European event or topic. The coins are all legal tender throughout the euro area, so they can be used for payments like any other euro coin.
Please note: From 1 July 2022, VAT will be added to the price of all Eesti Pank collector coins and other products. Circulation coins and gold products will remain free of VAT.
+372 527 5 055
Press enquiries: [email protected]