The silver coin for the Tokyo Olympics is going on sale
- Three thousand of the coins have been minted
- Each coin will cost 45 euros and have a nominal value of 8 euros
- The coins will only be on sale through the Omniva online store
- Sales of the coin will start on Wednesday 26 May at 12.00
On Wednesday 26 May, Eesti Pank will issue into circulation a silver commemorative coin dedicated to the Estonian athletes at the summer Olympic Games in Tokyo. The coin is designed in a Japanese minimalist style. It shows the sun rising behind Mount Fuji, which is near Tokyo, and the logo of the Estonian Olympic Committee is placed on top of the mountain.
The risk of the spread of Covid-19 in Estonia remains high and so the collector coin will only be on sale in the Omniva online store. The coins will not be sold in post offices or in the shop of the museum of Eesti Pank. Sales of the coin online will start on Wednesday 26 May at 12.00. Each purchaser may buy up to 10 coins, and the coins cannot be reserved in advance.
The coin was designed by Ander Avila, who graduated from Pallas University of Applied Sciences and has worked as a designer and creative director in various advertising agencies, winning advertising and design awards for his work. He has also taught graphic design at Pallas University, and he now has his own design studio Sulev.
- The silver coin dedicated to the Estonian athletes at the summer Olympic Games in Tokyo is a collector coin. Collector coins are mostly made of precious metals and commemorate important events or people for the issuing country. Collector coins are only legal tender in the country of issue, They are not intended for circulation, but rather for collecting or as gifts, and their selling price usually exceeds their nominal value.
- The Omniva customer service can be contacted by telephone on 661 6616 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Customer service operates on working days from 09.00-20.00, and at weekends and on national holidays from 09.00–15.00.
Tel: 5697 9146
Press enquiries: email@example.com