Eesti Pank welcomes visiting researchers for 2022
Eesti Pank / Bank of Estonia invites applications for the position of visiting researcher in the Research Division in 2022. The Division undertakes applied research in economics and finance, mainly focusing on monetary economics and financial stability. The position is intended for researchers with an academic or central banking background. Doctoral students expecting to graduate within a year are also eligible to apply. We particularly encourage economists from Ukraine to apply for this position.
Visiting researchers are expected to conduct research projects that are aligned with the general interests of Eesti Pank (EP). Preference is given to projects focusing on topics that are related to the current research agenda of the Research Division or that could be carried out jointly with the economists from the Division.
The research projects will be agreed upon in advance. Researchers are expected to present their work at EP’s seminars and to participate in internal discussions. Visiting researchers will receive compensation according to the EP remuneration system. Our requirements for a visiting researcher include proven research capability and strong oral and written communication skills in English. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. or be Ph.D. candidates in Economics or Finance.
The usual duration of the employment contract for the visiting researcher position is two to four months. The length of the stay is flexible, but it is expected to be long enough to ensure the successful completion of the project.
Preferred research topics:
Proposals in all areas of economics relevant for central banks will be considered, but priority will be given to research projects on the following topics:
- Climate change and green economies;
- Dynamic macroeconomic modelling;
- Heterogeneous Agent New Keynesian (HANK) models;
- Price and wage setting;
- Market concentration and financial stability.
Working in the Research Division of Eesti Pank gives applicants the opportunity to:
- Gain experience in applied economic research while working with Eesti Pank economists;
- Participate in economic policy formation process;
- Attend Eesti Pank seminars and internal discussions;
- Get to know the operations and research functions of a Eurosystem central bank from the inside.
Applications should be submitted in English and should include:
- A cover letter;
- A research proposal, including:
- The research topic and main research question(s);
- A short literature review;
- A brief description of the research methodology (data, software, etc.) and expected results;
- The preferred starting date and the duration of the research project;
- The applicant’s CV with a list of publications and working papers;
- A letter of recommendation (only needed for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D.s)
- A sample research paper (if available).
- 1 May 2022 for the visiting period June-August 2022
- 1 August 2022 for the visiting period September-December 2022
Applications should be sent to Eesti Pank by e-mail to [email protected] (Ms Liina Kulu, Research Division, Economics and Research Department, Eesti Pank).