Lecture series dedicated to Ragnar Nurkse
Ragnar Nurkse was the Estonian economist who achieved global recognition in the 1940s and 1950s. His research on monetary policy issues, international trade, international policy coordination, and development economics has provided valuable information, lessons, and guidelines.
Eesti Pank started the regular lecture series dedicated to Ragnar Nurkse in 2007.
Chronology of the Ragnar Nurkse Memorial Lectures
- Siim Kallas "Eesti kroon 15", 23 May 2007.
- Erkki Liikanen "The tenth anniversary of the euro: a time to reflect", 10 September 2008.
- Stefan Ingves "Exit Strategies - The Importance of Coordinated Solutions after the Crisis", 14 January 2010.
- Prof. Dr. Axel A. Weber "The Euro: Opportunities and Challenges", 7 February 2011.
- Leszek Balcerowicz "The euro in a comparative perspective", 4 November 2014.
- Prof Barry Eichengreen "Ragnar Nurkse and the International Financial Architecture", 12 January 2017.